Things that have happened since last September:
- I got pregnant in October of last year and carried our baby girl 15 weeks, until we learned that she had genetic issues and terminated in early January.
- Our foster kiddo transitioned back to her awesome maternal grandparents in the Midwest and we said goodbye to her in November, sadly but gratefully because the whole thing was so right.
- I had a chemical pregnancy the month after we lost our daughter and another one two months after that.
- I got pregnant AGAIN in May of this year and miscarried, ALSO AGAIN, at 11 weeks.
- Everything in me died and burned and exploded and fell apart.
- I started meditating and realized I didn’t have to try to have babies anymore and felt an intensity of relief I didn’t know was even allowed by law.
- Everything in me regrew and cooled and settled and knitted back together.
- (Those last three happened over the course of three days. Real.)
- A lot of other stuff too but this is the stuff I’ve been avoiding writing about.
There. Now you’re all caught up and I don’t have to try to write the detailed history of death and despair and dancing dangerously close to madness, which I probably will do anyway but in pieces wherever it bubbles up instead of having to construct some kind of comprehensive narrative for utterly incomprehensible shit that makes my brain turn to foie gras when I try to put it all together.
I’m glad we got that out of the way. I feel better, don’t you? I look forward to hammering away at my keyboard late into the night over cheap boxed wine and obsessive self-reflection. Just like old times.